Find out if you qualify for the Blue Cross® Blue Shield® Insurance Settlement!

Get Started Here







What is this Settlement about?

If you were covered by certain Blue Cross® Blue Shield® health insurance or administrative services plans between February 2008 and October 2020, you may be eligible to receive payment if you are an Individual, Insured Group1 (and their employees) or Self-Funded Accounts (and their employees) that purchased or were enrolled in a Blue Cross® or Blue Shield® health insurance or administrative services plan during one of the two Settlement Class Periods. We will file your paperwork for you! Blue Refund Recovery will guide you through the process, relieve your staff of unfamiliar burdens.

Settlement Class Period

The Settlement Class Period for Individuals and Insured Groups is from February 7, 2008, through October 16, 2020.

The Settlement Class Period for Self-Funded Accounts is from September 1, 2015 through October 16, 2020. Dependents, beneficiaries (including minors), and non-employees are NOT eligible to receive payment.

In Addition

No one is required to sign up with any third-party service in order to participate in any settlement. For additional information regarding the litigation, interested persons may visit www.bcbssettlement.com, to reach the Court-approved website for this case. Blue Refund Recovery Services will handle and aid in all steps necessary for any claim you may ultimately make. There is no upfront cost or fee for our service. We do get paid, per our agreement with you, out of the money we are able to recover for you as part of this settlement. Blue Refund Recovery Services is in no way related to Blue Cross® Blue Shield® or Blue Cross® Blue Shield® Settlement.

Antitrust litigation

In 2013, a national class of subscribers filed a lawsuit against Blue Cross® Blue Shield® Association (BCBSA) alleging that BCBSA entities throughout the country entered into agreements not to compete with each other for health insurance customers. In late 2020, BCBSA announced a proposed settlement of this class action antitrust litigation.

Proposed settlement

The proposed settlement is $2.67 billion. After expenses, the net settlement fund is estimated to be approximately $1.9 billion. Approximately 93.5% of the net settlement fund will be paid to fully insured groups (including employees) and individual policyholders that had coverage with BCBSA (e.g., Anthem) between February 7, 2008 and October 16, 2020. The remaining 6.5% of the net settlement fund will be paid to self-funded groups (including employees) that worked with BCBSA between September 1, 2015 and October 16, 2020.

Receive a cash payment!

Class Members who submit valid claims may receive a cash payment from the Net Settlement Fund. The Net Settlement Fund is estimated to be approximately $1.9 billion. This is after deducting attorneys’ fees, administration expenses and other costs from the $2.67 billion Settlement Fund.

Get Started Here